Sunday, June 10, 2012

1 Week old Chicks

Well, after writing my last post, I woke up the next morning and the little chick had passed away. :(  I am guessing it must of had something wrong with it from birth.  I did call Murray McMurray Hatchery on the phone, and the nice customer service lady, issued me a refund for the little one that passed on, plus the missing bird in the original order, and also for the vaccinations for the 2 birds.  What a great company to work with!  And, on a happier note, the rest of them are still doing well, and sprouting feathers so quickly!  First the wings, now we have some tail feathers, and a couple of them are starting to gets some feathers on their backs. The friendliest of them all are the 3 White Giants (I am guessing that is what they are for now), the 3 of them have been named, Kiwi, Apple, & Blossom.   Here is a pic of Kiwi, staring at my cell phone trying to figure out what on earth it is!


A couple of the girls at the watering hole:


And another little cutie:


Starting to see their feathers in this pic:



So as of today they are 1 week and 2 days old, it's so fun to watch them grow!




No comments:

Post a Comment